Sunday, December 3, 2023

Bank Account Opening while being at Home

 Hi,

Last to last year, in Feb 2021, it was still not okay to roam around public places without a mask on the nose. The Corona threat was still there and intermittent lockdowns were still happening. I needed to open a bank account, but I didn't want to visit the bank physically. I searched for the online options, and voila! I could open my savings account with HDFC Bank the nearest, to me, branch. It didn't take much time, hardly half an hour for initial Aadhar Card verification and other details, and then there was a video call for e-KYC. In the video call, they made me show my Aadhar card and PAN Card physically in hand and made me do the signature. 

This was so convenient, within a week I got my ATM Card and checkbook sent to my home. I never visited the bank physically for any purpose. My salary would get credited to my account online, and I would spend the money using the ATM card and UPI. No need to visit the bank. This saves so much time and energy. Gone are the days when I would need to stand in the long queues against bank cashiers' windows. 

This facility is now available with most of the tech advanced banks. Thanks to the new technological advances in the IT industries. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment