Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy B'Day to Dr. C V Raman

Hi,
The first page that opens up in my browser is Google home page, and today(Nov 07, 2013) I saw a doodle made to celebrate the birthday of Indian Physicist Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman(C V Raman). When I opened up the link to wikipedia I got other details about him. He was born on 7th November, 1888 (-21 November 1970), at Madras, British India. He was the only Asian and non-white person at that time(1930) to receive a Noble prize in Science. He got this prize for a phenomenon now known as Raman scattering.
I checked my Facebook updates at 6:15 AM in the morning and I think I will be the first person to post about it among my friends. 
One can read a small factual introduction about him on wikipedia here,  or you can read more about him in his biographical books. There are a numbers of books which you can search on Google books, and the list I found is big. I saw one book on flipkart(paperback), which I have not read but it is reviewed as a good book, so if you like you can buy it. It is titled as "C V Raman- A biography" Authored by Uma Parameswaran.
Read the review first and then buy it, I have not bought it yet, but if you buy and read, please share your views with me. 
Thank you in advance.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment